Monday 16 July 2012

Pot Luck Dinner! (13-16 July)

Stir-fry Chicken with Cashews
I always check the cooking facilities of our accommodation, so that I can menu plan accordingly.  I knew our Dubbo cabin would have a microwave and hotplates - and I presumed some basic cooking equipment, which was true.

The cabin was rated for a maximum occupancy of four.  It seemed from the available saucepans that the four were expected to have small appetites - or survive on takeaway, perhaps?!  I had planned a stirfry but neither the frypan nor the two saucepans were large enough to hold all our ingredients, so I cooked in two parts - then combined both with hokkien noodles in a large plastic container we had brought with us.  It wasn't elegant but all were quite appreciative of our pot luck dinner - even Vaughan!

No comments:

Post a Comment