Friday 28 February 2014

Cobb Cooker: Apple cinnamon pudding cake

Before coming away, we cleaned out and chest freezer and fridge.  The last of our frozen stewed apple came with us. 

I used a small portion tonight and improvised an apple cinnamon cake for dessert. 

Although I thought to bring cake tins they were left at home, so I used one of my small thermal cooker pots.  Both Cobbs had left-over heat beads from our roast chicken dinner, so the cake was placed on a rack above the basic cooking tray of one cooker.  It was baked for around an hour and a half.  While it was cooking, I made custard using powdered milk - and dessert was quite well received.

The cake batter was basic:  1 cup SR flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup milk, 1 large Hamby Home(in)stead egg and approx. 3 tablespoons melted butter.  I couldn't find my vanilla but used about a teaspoon of cinnamon in lieu (given the stewed apple component).

No comments:

Post a Comment