Wednesday 11 April 2012

Dressed for comfort?!

Best-dressed feet?!
Last week I felted a woolen dress I used to wear when I was 20 or so.  Of course, like too many other things, that same dress has been carted about with me for 20 ish years since then!  (Obviously it was long overdue to serve some useful purpose).

There were many wonderfully creative projects I could have made with my "dress felt'" but in light of our upcoming Lithgow Ironfest adventure, I chose to make very practical felt innersoles.  These were my inspiration. 

My method differed somewhat.  I traced one of my feet and used the tracing to make my innersoles.  (As you can see, I interrupted Vaughan's Pokemon viewing to trace one of his feet too)!

As my "dress felt" was thinner than Maya's, I decided to sew two layers together for extra thickness.  I am pleased with the results.  They are not perfect but once tucked away in our boots, no one will see them anyway! 

Just to put our Ironfest preparations in perspective, Lithgow's mean (minimum) temperature last April was 7.1 with 0.4 degrees as the April low.  In contrast our closest weather station recorded a mean (minimum) of 15.5 with the lowest April reading being 12.3!  (When we visited last year, it was barely 4 degrees at 9:00am)!

No comments:

Post a Comment