Wednesday 11 April 2012

Hand-y?!

Ta-dah! 
I stayed up late last night making these mini rice-bag handwarmers, in preparation for our Lithgow Ironfest adventure.  (Well, technically I finished the first pair in the very early hours of the morning). 

I used the tutorials here and here - though my warmers are more rectangular in shape because I was using the lines on a tartan piece of flannel when I first started cutting.

I zapped them in the microwave for 30 seconds and they were very toasty inside my pockets, though I have to conduct more testing in terms of heat retention times.  Someone commented on one of the links that 30-45 minutes was the expected duration.  I guess that isn't bad for a 30-second zap?!  (The material is leftover scraps from my son's pyjamas, so no great outlay involved if the project is a failure)!

No comments:

Post a Comment