Wednesday 15 August 2012

"Are we there yet?!"

It is 444km from home to the Warrumbungle National Park.  What a neat number, eh?!

444 was easily divided into halves and quarters - when we reached those distances in real-life, Vaughan moved "Elmer" along the corresponding string markers.

The original idea was here where there are some free printable cars to colour and print.  I thought it made more sense to have our car though, so printed a photo of Elmer and cut that out.  I did like the idea using a fully loaded Elmer with attached trailer but decided that would take up too much space on the string!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a brilliant idea and something I would have done when our kids were little...if I had know about it!

    Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The internet is a brilliant resource, that's for sure! ;)

    ReplyDelete