Sunday 16 February 2014

Kitting out the kit!

My friend Naomi has just bought a camper trailer - and it's a great one!  She's currently scheming for her first adventure a bit later in the year.  We email often and last night she asked about first-aid kits which prompted me to check ours, such as it is!

It's a good thing the kit has a list of inclusions.  I ticked off what was there, rounded up some replacement safety pins and added a few items leftover from another kit.  It's now safely stowed back under the driver's seat, along with a first-aid manual (though there are a couple of quick-reference leaflets inside the kit).

As I was re-packing our small kit, I was reminded of another friend and her partner who also enjoy camping.  She is an ambulance officer and he a registered nurse.  From her description I envisaged their first-aid kit as a magnificent two-door cupboard installation in their 4WD with provisions to cover every conceivable emergency!

No comments:

Post a Comment