Thursday 13 February 2014

Seat shirt?!

There has been a split in Elmer's rear seat for some time.

We weren't quite sure how to tackle the repair and the split(s) grew as we pondered.

Today we taped up the seat and I improvised a seat cover for added protection.
I hadn't intended to sew a proper seat cover but my original plan had involved some sewing, using furnishing fabric. 

When I studied the seats this morning, I realised that first idea wouldn't work.  Plan B was my next thought and I raided our storage container for some t-shirt material instead.  (It was bought years ago, very cheaply and definitely overdue for liberation)!  I cut slits for the seatbeats and tucked the excess fabric around the seats, as firmly as possible.  It looks neat around the back and sides, though is messier along the front.  Not that anyone usually looks at the front all that closely?!

I may need to modify the tucking method a bit more but will see how this attempt handles being used.  No sewing necessary (at this stage)!

No comments:

Post a Comment