Monday 3 February 2014

Stationery (on the move)!

Our local school agreed to provide work for Vaughan while we are away, though some of the more straight-forward marking will be up to us.

I'm comfortable with that arrangement as throughout 2012 I was Vaughan's teacher/supervisor for our "School of Hamby".  I was largely unassisted for the first 2-3 months and then enjoyed the wonderful support of Sydney Distance Education Primary School (SDEPS). Back then we were provided with sets of work to complete fortnightly - some written and some via sound file, with provision for Vaughan to reflect upon each unit (and for me to add my reporting comments).

My brother and I did correspondence school work during the time our family lived at Yowah and while we were travelling Australia.  In those days we submitted our reading, news and other voice-work by cassette!

At this stage, I'm not sure what format Vaughan's school-work will take.  On other occasions when we have taken short-breaks during term time, he has kept a journal - and I expect that may be a requirement this trip also.   During our last visit to Yowah (before starting school) Vaughan had an exercise book for his stories, which he dictated to us after drawing the accompanying pictures.

I've started gathering stationery items into a five-litre plastic box to use at Louie's shack.  As we are a household with an amazing number of pencils, I put a smaller selection into a pencil-case to keep in Elmer Fudd, so Vaughan can access them when we are not stationary.  I've also reorganised our dishwasher cutlery basket for home - and still have a small case of pencils leftover!  (Typically I found the huge pencil stockpile today, after I bought a bundle of lead pencils from the op-shop)!

No comments:

Post a Comment