Friday 7 March 2014

Digging for green (not "colour")!

We enjoyed Louie's garden on our last visit - and did like how the apostle birds knew to visit each afternoon when the auto-timed sprinklers came on, scaring up many grasshoppers!

Yowah gardens are fully enclosed to protect against (some) pests.


The sprinkler system is no longer connected but the tap is quite close to the garden enclosure and there is a long hose.  Unlike home, we have unlimited (bore) water to use, so I am set - almost!

The garden is more overgrown this visit.  I've identified a couple of clumps of garlic chives, which would be nice on baked taties with sour cream, if we had sour cream! 

I'm not sure about a few other weeds.  It may be they are obscure plants, so I've dug a patch along the side fence where I won't disturb anything else, just in case Louie wants to put the garden back into operation after we leave.  The ground was quite soft after the recent rain, which made digging easier though I still worked in the late afternoon, in a couple of stages.  I'm definitely not about to become a keen digger!

No comments:

Post a Comment