Sunday 18 January 2015

Banana pikelets!

Pikelets have always featured regularly on our weekend and holiday breakfast menus.  When at home I've made them in many shapes, including smiley-faces, Easter bunnies, hearts, ghosts, letters, words and numbers!

I've cooked them over the coals at Yowah and even successfully flash-frozen pre-cooked pikelets to reheat in the cabin microwave for one of our wonderful Ironfest adventures. Often I pack ingredients for cooking on site but this trip I tried a different approach.  I measured the dry ingredients into a recycled screw-top jar. 

2 cups self-raising flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup full-cream milk powder

When I wanted to mix the batter I added two cups of water, 2 eggs and I tablespoon of golden syrup.  I know you can buy pancake batter in a shake bottle but it doesn't compare to this mixture!

Generally our pikelets are free from additives but we had bananas with us, so I made several large banana pikelets for Erin, Nick and I.  Vaughan preferred his pikelet in the usual form, then rolled with chocolate spread.  Bandit was very keen to share any sort of pikelet with anyone but missed out!

No comments:

Post a Comment